Paragraph 12. ADDITION TO ARTICLE 10 OF THE ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION – DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ELECTION - BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND PRESIDENCY
- Election - Board of Directors (BOD):
- The election vote of a Board Member will be held open (public) or secret, and will take place during the Annual General Assembly (AGA).
- The list of candidates will be presented to HCCE members.
- The candidate will be elected to the Board, if 2/3 of the votes are in favour.
- Nomination - Presidency:
- The President has to be a member of the Board of Directors.
- Election - President:
- In the case of one candidate, the members have to elect him/her with a 2/3 majority.
- In the case of two or more candidates the members will vote in secret.
- In the case where no candidate reaches the 2/3 majority the election will be repeated for a second round, in this case a simple majority vote will be accepted.
- In the case where the Presidency becomes vacant, one of the Vice Presidents will take charge of managing the Association. The Board of Directors including any Honorary Members of the Association will fulfil the obligations and represent the Association until a new President is elected.
- In the event that both Vice Presidents are unable to accept such role, the Board of Directors will explore other suitable candidates including Honorary Members of the Association in order to cover the role until the election of a new President.
- Election – Vice Presidents:
- The Board of Directors will elect two Vice Presidents from the serving board members.